Salem Chamber Street Fairs
Haunted Biz Baz
Saturday, October 9, 10:00AM – 8:00PM
Sunday, October 10, 10:00AM – 6:00PM
Location: Salem Common
Participate as one of our vendors in the Haunted Happenings festivities by reserving your spot at the Salem Chamber of Commerce Haunted Biz Baz that will be held on Saturday, October 9 (10AM - 8PM) & Sunday, October 10, 2021 (10AM-6PM). The event annually draws tens of thousands of visitors to downtown Salem. Register early, space is limited!
Your Space: 10’ by 10’ (1 additional space may be rented)
Deadline: September 1, 2021
Payment due with application - will be refunded if applicant is not selected.
- The event will be held rain or shine.
- Once selected, fees are nonrefundable.
- Set up time is 8AM and break down time is 8PM.
- No generators will be allowed. (NO EXCEPTIONS – This will be enforced)
- The Salem Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to refuse vendors selling merchandise already sold by year-round retailers in the downtown area, for example, Salem, Boston or witch-themed tee-shirts/sweatshirts/caps.
- The two organizations (Salem Chamber and the Creative Collective) that traditionally manage the markets during the month of October are creating a unified plan to activate Salem Common in 2021.
- The Haunted Biz Baz will NOT be on the Pedestrian Mall or Essex Street this year. This is a decision by the City of Salem and we support this decision to keep people safe and to help relieve some of the congestion of that area. The Salem Chamber of Commerce will be working with our partners including Destination Salem & the Creative Collective to make sure people know about the changes. Signage and wayfinding in the Downtown will also be in place for the month.
- We are also still working out the details about load-in and load-out to minimize the impact on the Salem Common and the surrounding neighborhood – additional logistics information will be shared after your application has received approval.
Fee Schedule – All fees MUST be remitted with application:
Artists - Crafters - Vendors: Members-$200, Non-Members-$400
Non-Profit Organizations (*): Members-$100, Non-Members-$200
Per city regulations, Food Vendors will not be allowed on Salem Common.
* Non-profits must attach copy of Determination Letter from the IRS or other proof of non-profit status.
For more information or if you have questions, please contact the Salem Chamber of Commerce, Tel.: 978.744.0004 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
Other Vending Opportunities in October:
- The Creative Collective will manage the vending areas at Charlotte Forten Park and Derby Square/Old Town Hall as part of the Haunted Happenings Marketplace on October 9 + 10.
- Creative Collective will manage operations on the Salem Common during the following dates: October 1, 2, 3, 16, 17, 22, 23, 24, 29, 30
- To apply for vending on Salem Common or at Charlotte Forten Park and Derby Square/Old Town for the dates of October 1, 2, 3, 16, 17, 22, 23, 24, 29, 30, please complete the Creative Collective’s Haunted Happenings Marketplace Application online here. (http://bit.ly/hh-market-2022-app)
Essex Street Fair - Cancelled for 2021
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be placed on our 2022 Essex Street Fair prospective vendors mailing list.