Set in the historic North Shore, our boutique Salem hotel The Merchant, offers large, luxurious guest rooms with the best of today's amenities, perfectly blending the historic nature of the property with modern touches for the everyday traveler.
A curated small plates breakfast, a cozy outdoor deck and a happy hour mixer bar for BYOB cocktails are just some of the amenities that make a stay at The Merchant so wonderful. Not to mention, guests have the opportunity to stay in the same room that former President George Washington slept in!
Our boutique Salem hotel is the perfect, comfortable home base to come back to after a day spent exploring the town. Whether it’s shopping in local boutiques, taking a history tour, or just wandering around Salem, there is much to do in the city and much relaxation to be had at The Mechant.
- Located in downtown Salem near all that the city has to offer yet tucked away in private setting
- Offering the best of today’s amenities from in-room fireplaces to luxurious linens and high-end amenities from Lather an
- A homemade daily small plates breakfast composed of both sweet and savory curated bites
- Eleven unique guest rooms with unique stylish fabrics and modern furnishings to suit the personality and style of any gu
- Just steps from The Merchant’s front door, you’ll find restaurants, shops, historical museums, and more