Salem Literary Festival
Now presented by the Salem Athenaeum, the Salem Literary Festival was founded by Beth Simpson in 2008 as an extension of the events she created for the now defunct Cornerstone Bookstore. Since then, the Salem Lit Fest has grown to include hundreds of attendees, scores of volunteers, and dozens of authors.
An exciting weekend of literary adventures for adults and youth, with over 50 award-winning and best-selling writers covering multiple genres, lunch with the authors, and more.
Join us for:
- Over 50 award-winning and best-selling writers during three days of events
- Readings, discussions, author signings and book sales
- Lunch with the Authors on The Roof at The Hotel Salem on Saturday
- Family Programming on Saturday morning including Act!vated Story Theatre—a live action story that incorporates audience participation and music; in-person readings by your favorite children's authors, and other hands-on activities
- Friday and Saturday evening events in The Cellar at The Hotel Salem showcasing local literary talent and music
- Sunday is Young Adult Day—meet the writers and learn about this ever-growing genre
- and more!